Thursday, July 31, 2008

Shakespearean Jackasses


Boy do I have a story for you, I was in the park last Saturday for a little get together and one of the guys had brought along a very small amp and his guitar. After about 15 minutes or so, some people come over and said "hey guys, do you think you can keep it down just a little bit please, we are trying to put on a play for the community". The fucking nerve of these people. This absolutely left me dumb founded and insulted. 1st off, the people putting on the play were not even from this neighborhood and the people that were watching it did not speak english, well maybe a little bit. See my neighborhood is filled with South American people and Asians. Most of them do not speak english. These people that were in the park putting on the play were transplants from Idaho or some shit who now live in Park Slope. They really had no biz in the park that they were in. They needed to take that shit to Prospect park. I still can not believe the nerve they had coming over and asking us to be quiet. It was wrong on so many levels that I dont even know where to start. I mean its the park. Its for everyone and this is not even there community. Dont you need a permit or some shit to hold court in the park like that? The crazy shit is if this was like 5 years ago they would have gotten all there shit took by the Latin Kings. This park use to be there main hang out. And here you have Biff and Jenifer putting on a play thinking that it is all good in this park. Nobody wants these people here. As I keep saying in all my other posts, ONE MORE EXAMPLE of us losing are community to people who do not belong here. I wanted to throw water balloons at them, but it took 5 minutes too long to finally get my nerve up and when I did, some of the people in my group went over and told them in a nice way, hey look. The park is for everyone so knock that shit off. At this point they were wrapping up their play so I lost my chance. Dam I was disappointed. I had filled up 10 water balloons and I was ready for war. Next time I wont wait so long. You know, there is a golden rule of thumb that needs to be shared and that is.... There are some places you just do not belong ,no matter how tough you are or who you are. If you dont have a reason to be there then you do not belong there and that goes for all over the world. Thats why a lot of times people get hurt. By the way, Nico if you are reading this, thanks for the title of this post and being the person you are. The world need more people like you homes and how about that beer!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good stuff hermano.
    let's do the beer and plan revolution.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, that is funny. I totally agree with how you are not suppose to be some places no matter how tough you are or think you are. I remember going to my friends place in the 80's in Mott Haven. I definitely shouldn't have been walking around there. That's why he "had" to pick me up at the 3rd Ave station. No lie. Ha.

    ReplyDelete