Saturday, July 26, 2008

Last Ride!

Tonight I saw something that made me pleasantly surprised. I have found a place were it's nothing but real New Yorkers right down to the bone. A place where people came to let loose and have some good Summer fun. Now I always knew about it, but only now have I rediscovered Coney Island. Before in the past I would have never noticed, but to come to the conclusion that NYC is dieing fast. I realised I forgot all about Coney Island. People of all sorts were there letting it all hang out. The freaks, families, teenagers and the homeless. And in the midst of it all while I was waiting for my family to get off the Tilt O' World. It hit me! I didnt see one person that looked like a fashion disaster or someone try'n to be who they were not. No outta towners and no tourists. It was like a moment of clarity were everything made sence. Pure bliss. There was one dude who was in a skirt and a skimpy top w/ the tits stuffed.
He was dancing his ass off and enjoying him self. He didnt bother any one and no one bothered him. Never the less people were entertained and he enjoyed it. It was the perfect summer night with my family. It's only a matter of time before thats took en too from us. For now, Im gonna take it all in one last time before its gone. I treasure the pictures I have taken it the past years. You can strip me of my city, but you will not take away my memories and what lies in my heart and soul.

3 comments:

  1. I have refound my love for COney Island as well, that old familiar sound of things not being all ok, but in reality everything is ok. Just so you know, all tuesdays in Aug are buy one all access bracelet for $25 get the second free, what a way to spend the summer and try to hold on to whatever else we can.

    oLi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work keepin it real. This is the truth that we need to speak to power. Awesome writings.

    Hope to see the post about the Shakespearean jackasses in Sunset Park!

    ReplyDelete