Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Independent Man Will Soon Be Gone!

In my eyes New York was at one time a full contact sport. Everything was physical. From the way things were made to the people that made em and of course the people who lived it everyday. People really did care for one another and took an interest in the things they came across in everyday life. Now with all the outta towners that have moved here, they have severed a lot of communities with gentifing the neighborhoods. They have moved to the hoods in the mass driving up the rents and forcing people to leave. With the mass' moving here, they have brought along corporate America. Now, people cant afford the rent and are forced out of business. Who wants to really shop in an over crowded store with people who have no interest in who you are or may be not willing to let you go for $.50 because you dont have it. Last I thought (which can be dangerous) New York was a melting pot. You can go to a store and by things from your country. Variety was key and it was authentic. Mom & Pop hardware store's with owner's who cared about there communities. Let me ask you this? Who the fuck orders domino's pizza when NYC has the best pizza hands down. I just dont get it man! Its one of the things that connected communities together. With the death of many things in NYC. Are  choices, diversity and are communities are being robbed faster then crack heads suck tokens out of turn styles. In my heart New York is a thing of the past and it kills me. At least when I return to the Upper West, I can go into Big Nicks and look at the dude and he says " whats up brotha, how you? good?" Man, thats a great feeling especially when he knows me since 1988 because thats how long he's been there. The doorman on 77st right off Bway, he knows me just as long too and now I return to visit with my own kid. Its bugged out, but its what NYC was all about. Now a days nobody knows nobody and nobody says anything to anyone. New York has be come a gay ass sterile place in the rest of corporate America along with a soft Times Sq. looking like fucking Disney and shit. IDUNO man, I cant call it, but as long as I am still here in NYC, I will keep that old blood flowing with my crew.

No comments:

Post a Comment