Thursday, October 14, 2010

1992

Yo, all I here about is the 80's this & the 80's that. At this point, the 80's have been raped, slayed & milked for all its worth. THE WHOLE WORLD KNOWS ABOUT IT! Don't get me wrong, I grew up in the 80's long enough to know whats, what. At this fucking point, McDonald's and every other mother fucka in line has made out by doing something with the 80's. What I'm Trying to say is R.I. motha fucking P. to the 80's. Those days are long past us. Now I'm not saying lets fore get about the 80s, just that we should let it rest for a minute. The 90's have got no shine & let me tell you SON, the 90's was the bastard child of the 80' and hint of the 70's for some of us. With a mean lesson on life from my Mother who was an Ace in the mean streets of good Ol' New York, I was well prepared for a life in the hard streets of the 90's. Since I grew up with out a Mother & Father, I needed to fend for my self. The streets of NYC in the 90's was the meanest free for all you can imagine. I look back on that shit now and I just cant fathom it being the way it was or me doing the things I did. HOW THE FUCK DID WE GET AWAY WITH WHAT WE DID! Wait, not all of us did. Some are just coming home from jail now. Any way's, the streets were a free for all because of Dinkin's. He had to be the worst Mayor ever, but as a kid I loved it. It meant I got away with everything. The cops did not fuck with us as kids unless it was for real for real. Back then in the 90's I found my self always in the Vill. I met a bunch of other kids from so many different walks of life by spending all my time downtown. Although the walks of life varied, we all had one thing in common and that was not a very good home life. Some were drawn to the Vill and are circle of life just because we were just so bad. We did not listen to anyone, we took what we wanted and did as we pleased. The youth today have no clue how easy they got it. If you had something nice on and someone liked it. Guess what! Run ya shit money. If someone wanted your shit, chances were you were coming up out of what ever it was you had on. Shit was so easy to get over because of the lack of the technology then compared to now. Also because crime was so bad, lots of less shit slid through the cracks. As always, we were about 50 deep or more on a friday night walking up 6th Ave. to the Lime Light, along the way we stopped into a corner store and it just got out of hand. Normally everyone takes shit in a sneaky way where know one see you , but for some reason EVERYONE just started grabbing what they wanted and walked out. The store owner really could not do much. As we left the store, all 50 of us continued to walk to the Lime Light. About one block up from the store, the cops jumped out from everywhere like if they was the fucking S.W.A.T. team. They came out of yellow cabs, Ford Explorers and all kinds of other shit you could not imagine. I told my 2 friends to just keep walking like if we didn't know anyone cuz we were the only 3 white kids in the bunch, but that did not work. Next thing I know I get kicked in the ankle By some DT looking like a young Archie Bunker with a cigar in his mouth as he is pointing his service revolver at me. He tells me "hey kid where do you think your going, get against the wall over there". So I did as he said. The boys had all 50 of us on the wall and we were all shook cause half these kids already had a hand full of open cases. As I'm on the wall with my boys, were talking about what's gonna happen and what we should do with the shit we took and as we are talking about this, my man Sunny is dropping the Rollo's one by one on the floor. I decide to look down and I see all the fucking Rollo's rolling down the side walk right to the back of the Cops foot. Then the Cop looks down and says" AYE! what the fuck is going on ova here, who's shit is this"? Hearts dropped as it all unfolded, But nothing happen. The only concern was that the Store owner called the Cops saying he was robbed at gun point and that never happen. So we were all let go and on we went to cause more trouble. That was the 90's for you. Everything that happen in the 80's, pretty much happen in the 90's but more extreme. From steeling shit to graffiti to scams and schemes. My favorite shit was doing the 3 card Monte shit cause no matter which way you sliced it up we had suckas going to the ATM thinking they could win. Then there was the magic dollar. Thats a dollar with a long tail on it thats a strip of clear packing tape so that you can yank your dollar back out the vending machine after you get what you want. Like I said, the 90's was a free for all. This was a time when economically NYC was not good and the people ran shit in the streets. The best shit was Cops didn't go by a book. They went by being an Old New Yorker. Meaning they knew how to feel out a person and then take it from there. This day and age, the Cops just follow rules to the T and sometimes some people really do need a brake or deserve one. And now I hate the New York it has become. Its just a place thats so impersonal now. So with all that said. FUCK THE NEW, NEW YORK. R.I.P. NYC.

No comments:

Post a Comment