Tuesday, January 24, 2012

MR. GO HARD


Once again, Im back from a hiatus. For those who know me, know I like to vanish for awhile and for the ones who dont, I pop in and out, but I always come back with a good story or two. Life moves at a fast past and sometimes for me, I just cant keep up. Even being from NYC where I live my life 1 NY minute to the next at such a fast pass the rest of the world has a hard time keeping up. Even I fall behind in the rat race we call life, but some times you have to take a time out to reflect. With everyday that goes past, The Old New York I once knew is becoming further away in my rear view as I move further on down the road. Dear old friends are gone by death or jail who are New York legends who will NEVER be forgotten. But life goes on with or with out us.

As I sit idle with time on my hands away from home during the week for work, it leaves me with the voices in my head, yeah we all have em. Im not nuts, ok may be a little, but you have to be some what crazy to get through life and understand what its about and with that said let me get right to it.

Recently I/us have lost a very IMPORTANT person and I say us because he was loved by so many people and has played a BIG part in shaping the 90's as to what it was growing up in NYC. As a young kid with no home to go to, I would go to w.4th street and meet up with all the RFC heads. I felt safe and I had others to break night with. The one thing I didnt know was that I was about to take the lessons learned in the street by my mother to the next level. Now I was no dummy in the streets being that I have been in them since Im 9 years old coming from a mom who smoked crack, shot dope, popped pills and the list goes on. I was about to learn from my peers what they had learned in the street and in return teach what I knew. We were all seasoned vets by the age of 13 which I cant even fathom when I think about the things we were doing then. We were all out there in these streets hustling along side the grown men and we were just as bad as them as well. Talk slick and niggas buck 50 ya face real quick. That was not me & Im not even gonna front like it was, but I was there went shit went down and threw joints too right along side my comrades.

May my brother ARK BUTTA'S 911 rest in peace. The first to set it off and last to run. Becoming friends, rather family with him, I never knew it would be a blessing. Through him I have grown stronger by watching his actions. ARK was a man of his word and fearless. I never met anyone like him to the extent that he was. I dont think he was ever afraid a day in his life and thats the truth. He had the talk and the walk of a Old New Yorker like no other. ARK could back down 20, 30 niggas and this is no lie. Those who knew him, know Im not lying. Yo, they dont call him Mr. Go Hard for no reason. He went harder then anyone I knew. You would be in a club and he would rack bottles, yes more then 1 from behind the bar. Then ARK would son the Mexicans who worked in there to bring ice, juice and glasses so we could pop them bottles in the club. Mean while ARK had 3, 4 stacks in his pocket. Its just what he did.

So through my brother ARK, I learned a lot. Especially how not to be afraid and stand up for my self no matter the situation. ARK you are deeply missed, but far from forgotten. There are too many of us around to let Ark's name die. ARK you have made your mark on life and have carved an unforgotten legacy out of life with your orange box cutter. I know your in a better place roaming free, but by being selfish, I and many others wish you were still here even if you are running everyone over in your wheel chair. Hold it down up there for us along side Harold, Sedi, Casper and the others we have lost.

Time is too short, dont let it pass you by because it will. Let the ones you know and love, know that you love them before its too late. If you knew ARK, you know he would want you to go harder then ever in your life and thats in a good way, as his sister would put it. Forget about him in the streets and what he has done. He has inspired friends to get their G.E.D. and so many other good things to become better people. So remember him by going hard and sharing the stories you may have. It should not have taken his death to make me write again, But when one door closes, another opens. Trying times and adversity is what makes you a stronger person as long as you push through and believe. So in the words of ARK BUTTA'S... "GO HARD".

P.S. the Picture is not mine. It does ARK justice so Im using it. Props to the person who did it.


17 comments:

  1. RIP my brother Ark 911.
    Love ya boy boy.
    SE1 KGB. RFC team.

    ReplyDelete
  2. RIP ARK. I truly believe ur in a better place...
    And to you Mr. Author, god bless you and yours. You sir are a gift yourself to new York in general.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aqui, that was beautiful! ARK is looking upon you right now with great pride! Every morning, I wake up hoping it was all a dream. Reality soon sets in. No matter how much pain & grief I feel on a daily basis, the abundance of love & support from the RFC family makes me feel so much better. I lost my brother & best friend- so did many of you. But, I have gained so many of you that I have & will always consider my brothers & sisters- all of whom are helping me keep my brother's legacy alive. Thank you! I love you! All of you!

    Nadia RFC 'till the death of me...

    * Special thanks to Trig one for the memorial graphic

    ReplyDelete
  4. RIP Omar ARK 911 RFC... I remember the first night I stayed with you all night in ICU when you had been shot. You asked me, "if I died tomorrow, how long do you think people would mourn me?" I said I didn't know, but I would mourn & celebrate your life forever. I said I'd even set up a scholarship program in your name to give hookers a second chance- The ARK Second Chance at Brains scholarship! You laughed w the breathing tube & the nurses rushed in & asked me to leave for 20mins so you could sleep! I miss you so much! But you are pain free & on the move now. I can't really be mad at that...

    ReplyDelete
  5. RIP ARK u gave me a ill sense of self esteem if u never knew it by never 4 getting me even thou we didnt chill much i rember callin after got shot like yo its 2mads rember me u said why after all this time u still do that made me realize that im not a forgetable person and worth something for that i will always love u nikka word life

    ReplyDelete
  6. rip ark... I will never forget you and all our experiences we had i still cant belive your not here.. i didnt have the balls to come see you after your accident because i couldnt bare to see you like honestly but yes i was very much informed about your where abouts.. you tought me so much n how not to be scared of anything to give it all i got when we chilled we chilled hard did everything in good taist weather if it was good or bad.. we were to much alike i was the girl version of u thats why we could never be.. i feel terrible we didnt get to see eachother.. when we chilled we were unstopable i will always have mad love for you no matter what your in a better place now.. i keep thinking about all the crazy shit we use to do n all the fun we had we went to a.c we didnt want to come back lol i was always getting lost with you... rest in peace i will never forget you

    ReplyDelete
  7. LEGENDS NEVER DIE!!!

    MR. GO HARD FOREVER!!!!

    KING ARK BUTTAS 911 RFC CM!!!!

    REST IN PARADISE MY BROTHER!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. REST IN PARADISE..ARK BUTTAZ MR. GO HARD, YOUR LEGACY WILL LIVE ON N ON.. YOU TAUGHT ME WELL WE BROKE NIGHT LAUGHED WENT OUT HIT DA CLUBS WENT ON MAD MISSIONS CRACKED JOKES TOGETHER NEVER HADDA BAD TIME I MISS YOU N I LOVE YOU SO MANY MEMORIES N WE GONNA KIK IT AGAIN EARLY YO SO LET'S DO IT AGAIN..MAD RESPECT TO YOU RFC 911 CM AYAK NEVER A DAY GO BY N I DON'T LOOK UP N SAY THANKZ FOR BEIN A HUGE PART OF MY LIFE N SKOOLIN ME ON THINGZ I AIN'T SEEN OUTTA MY OWN EYEZ..... TO DA GENERAL OF NEW YORK CITY.. ARK BUTTAZ MY NINJA.. IMA C YOU SOON...

    ReplyDelete
  9. RIP TO MY BROTHER FROM ANOTHER MOTHER. BIG ARK 911 RFC FS.
    Shootouts everyone down with RFC worldwide !
    R1 says Peace to BUSTA, RAST, AOS, CA, CASH, FED 5, DOUGFS, MISTRO, ERA, BIG ROBFS, SLENDER DP, DOM KOC, RD FWD, DUCK FM, DJ K FOXX, RAW BEANS, FREE G DEP, FREE MAX B.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! I didn't go to Ark's funeral because I no longer think funerals are necessary. I don't want one for myself because I don't want people to last remember me in a "dead situation" because I do think funerals sometimes can be our selfish ways of shedding tears and feeling better by getting closer about the dead. As such, the memories I want to hold are not that of the last time I saw a person dead, but rather all of the fine memories of the fine moments I had with the person. With Ark, I had too many of them. Rest a sure, Ark is alive for me each time I think of him. It is great also to see that others keep him alive as they share their fond moments with him. MATEDFA

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this... I remember TRIG working on this picture all night like he was possesed...this blog fit perfectly... much love Jenny B a fellow old new yorker

    ReplyDelete
  12. R1 FS says peace to all RFC. ARK BUTTAZ was a real G. Lost a good dude. Ray UNO outtie 5000.

    ReplyDelete
  13. 1 Thing i remember about the big homie was everytime i run into him he would start cheesing,, and all u see was gold teeth!!.. Really good dude.. As fierce as he was in battle, he had a big heart, and would look out for his brothers in a heartbeat.. I respect this man as a friend, a comrade in arms, and as a brother.. We miss you out here Family!! ARK-BUTTAZ-911..Rest In Power........NEST R.F.C. W.A.R.

    ReplyDelete
  14. R1FS .. Ark stayed in some of the flyest hotels sometimes i would come through all love cabs everywhere coping 10 dimes at once on the way to clubs passing em out inside. All love. All love.always jig. Peace to big bus G money, DFS. RFC ARK.

    ReplyDelete