Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Old New Yorkers Are World Wide

Today I've come to a realize that no matter where an Old New Yorker moves to, he or she at some point will return, its only a matter of time. Another thing would be no matter where you put an Old New Yorker, an Old New Yorker will always stand out & not be changed by his surroundings. I have lived all over the world & everywhere I have been, people always ask the stupidest fucking question and that would be "are you from New York"? I cant help but think of the rudest thing to say. I mean I only have an accent as thick as cream cheese to begin with. Not to mention the way I walk. I mean come on, we all know that people born here in NYC have a way about there walk & talk like no other. Now that I think about what I am saying, I realize everywhere I have traveled to, I have always ran into someone I know from NYC or someone who has a friend in common. Its crazy and it just blows my mind. In 2000 I was in Honduras while in the the Navy. One night I was at the bar on the air base Soto Cono and I happen to literally bump into the person behind me. When we turned toward one another, it was nuts because it was someone I knew from Hells Kitchen NYC. It was my man Jr. I had no idea he was in the Marines and He had no idea I was in the Navy. All we could talk about is how we missed NYC & how we have not been back in quite some time. As a real New Yorker we will always make are way back to where it all began for us. New York City, also we will always be able to seek out other New Yorkers where ever we go and bond. The only thing that sucks this day & age would be if you leave in these years to come , you risk losing a whole lot unless you return with lots of money to start over.

3 comments:

  1. I hate that question, we glow NYC

    ReplyDelete
  2. All my Dad's Fam started out in circa 1922 on Rivington, & when they could swing it moved to Hoe Ave in the South Boogie, from there to around 187 and University Ave. I remember as a lil kid in the early to mid 70's goin to that Apt up on University to Passover's family get togethers. Was dope. If we stayed over and hadda travel we'd take the trains. I was blown away and from then on hooked like a Rock head funky junkie to anything NYC! Although my Dad moved out to the Jersey Suburbs in the 60's and I was brought up there in Morristown, where Morris the Cat died...lmao lemme stop, I always felt half my blood was there in the thick of it and as soon as I could moved to Hudson Co. As close as I could to it without bein in it. Simply because we couldn't afford it lmao. Just because I had too it was like a magnet. The draw is like a Star Wars tractor beam that try as I might I won't shake until I kick it. Great post dude! Peace and Love

    ReplyDelete
  3. What up kid? I knew you before you were in foster care dog.You are Top 5 dead or live homie.Keep your head up. I feel your pain but I ain't giving up. I'm coming back for the crown. Holla at me. West Side son! - ADROK WKN

    ReplyDelete