Saturday, July 19, 2008

R.I.P. Washington Sq Fountain

This shit really mad me MAD as fuck. I could care less for what ever is built here after the fact. This city soon will have all its history ripped out and the things that matter most to us true New Yorkers as well. This is was a place for people with all kinds of an interests and also a place where people would make a living . For me personally it was a place of many memories like others. They are of good times and bad times. I remember this hispanic dude who is a NYC legend, at least in my eyes. He used to jump garbage cans from one skate board to another. Like 8 or 9 of them. The dude was nice with it and got paid. I my self used to skate here often with many people (R.I.P. Harold & Justin) who are True legends. I can remember one time skating with them and a whole bunch more. I herd a loud pop pop pop and I had thought it was gun shots like an m16 or something, but what it was, was an old lady had lost control of her car and hit a lot of benches with people on them. It was horrible, one man was with out a head another with a metal pipe from the fencing through his throat and many more fucked up. Still in all, this was a place where the best come to play chess and still do, a place where people gathered for the pot day parade and to kick politics in there own way through music and in other ways. Now that the fountain is gone. It just another thing lost in the New York that I once knew.

Old New York


1 comment: