Sunday, July 20, 2008

This Use To Be A Great Country

In my eyes the United States once was a really great country. Now I dont know what to call it. Dont get me wrong, its still a place I want to live, but its just not the same place I once really loved. I spent 8 years in the Navy for my country. Even in the military, things are not the same. When I was in the service at 1st, it was all about taking care of your people. Towards the end nobody cared about anybody and your family was put second. As for this country, we use to build great products that lasted and we stood behind the things we made with a certain pride. People really stood up for one another and now no one really cares about the next person. Its funny, growing up I use to think Al Sharptin was douche. Now that I am older and he is still around, how ever you feel about him, he is still here and he is the same person sticking up for human rights. He is one of the last like this. I just dont see this country coming together for the greater good of man kind. Kids are out of control thinking they can do what they want. Adults cant even correct these out of control kids. You will wind up getting shanked. I tell you boy...... When I was growing up and an adult said "hey what are you doing, stop that", you listened and if the adult knew your mom or dad. You were done if they told your parents. If it was not a fixed object in the house, I might of got it up side the head. These days if you say something to the parents, the parents are like "who the fuck are you and what are you doing with my kid". Its bad out here. It doesnt seem like anybody is accountable any more. The country has gotten greedy, everything is done for the love of money and not for the passion. Buildings look like shit that they are putting up and they are made out of paper. There was a time not to long ago when every job involved a skill. Even with advertisements on the side of buildings, they were hand painted. There are periods of architecture that dont exist any more because its all being torn down for monstrosities that are eye sores in my city's sky line. I could go on for days about this, but I will say this! Its all about to come back and bite us in the ass now with inflation, gas and the way things are going. All your fancy buildings that us true New Yorkers cant afford are not being filled. The economy is about to crash and the ugly head of the gully 80's & 90's is about to rear it self once more and for all you non New Yorkers (thats you! the hipsters art fags and outta towners) that think its sweet, you will become food. Keep moving closer to the hood forcing people out and breaking up there communities. Us old New Yorkers will not take it much longer. So beware and you have been warned.

1 comment: