Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Trouble Maker For Life!

Good Ol New York! Dam, what happen?Well at least I have memories that are vivid & life long lasting. I can remember the 1st video game I played, It was Asteroids. That was a wrap after that. Around the corner from my house on 78th & B'way was a laundry place, it had self serve and then dry cleaning. In the dry cleaning store they had video games in there. They had Spy Hunter, Excite Bike, Dig Dug & Elevator Action. I spent all my time in there as a kid.  Thats how I met my best friend Marc (R.I.P.). He had moved here from Germany and his moms would give him dough to play games while she went to work. She worked for a place called Harmony Theatre. You figure it out. Anyways me & Marc kicked it. The day I met him I flipped em off and he had no clue as to what that ment. I found it to be the most funniest shit ever.  Us becoming friends was the beginning of going to hell in a hand basket on fire. Him & I got into a lot of trouble. One day a man was selling books on 77th and B'way. Back then it was a Love store that he was selling his books in front of. So Marc & I went up to the roof with a box of water balloons  and did the unthinkable, we through the water balloons at the mans books. Then to make matters worst, we went down and looked at his books in person in front of him like we were gonna buy something laughing are ass' off. I dont know how we didnt get are ass beat then or for all the shit we pulled. Marc use to live in the Belclaire Hotel. The place was a shit whole half way. Half of it was residence & half hotel. The kind of people that stayed were hookers from the 20's on 10th and 11th ave. Dudes who sold crack and many other low lives mixed with good blue collar people. The place was set up like an S.R.O with shared bathrooms. The roof was the best thing about that place. In the winter it was snow balls and the summer it was water balloons. On New Years & the 4th, it was fire crackers. Dam, we were bad! I can remember being like 11 or 12 and going to Canal st. to buy fire works. Most of the shit we got was from me swiping shit from the old ladies that be out there. That shit was nutz. You know how it be out there now with people selling the fake bags on he corners and the fake Tiffany shit? Well thats how it was with the fire works, except they laid shit out on a blanket and scooped it all quick when the Boys would pass by. Its crazy how somethings are gone and other stuff has stayed. As I got older I got into more trouble, but it was always fun. Marc and I were out late past the time we should've been out and we came across these big industrial size laundry boxes of detergent . There were about 8 of them. Marc went to West Side super market  just a few blocks away and took shopping cart.   With these big ass boxes, we went to the fountain in Central Park by the rowboats and at night its shut down. At this point we empty all the boxes in there so in the morning when the turned it on, it made a shit load of bubbles suds. It also made the news. Man those were good times. Some other shit we did for fun was glue the pay phone receivers down so when you picked up, you couldnt. We used quick drying epoxy that work good. This one day we were out gluing phones, we glued this one phone that was on 74th and B'way off to the corner of Fair Way. The thing we didnt know was that the phone was gonna ring, just as I answered it, I glued it and some one asked for the Hindu at the news paper stand. I told Marc and he called him over and said PHONE! So I gave 'em the phone. It was a cool fall day so I guess when he took the phone he didnt notice the glue with all the hair on his face. We waited and then it happen, his left hand was stuck to the receiver with his face glue to the jack. We cracked up as he panicked. We took his candy while he watched. I know this was fucked up, but we didnt plan it that way. It just unfolded not in his favor that day. The list goes on and on. I look back now and try to imagine all of that. I cant believe how bad I was. Oh well! I didnt turn out bad at least as a person.

No comments:

Post a Comment