Monday, September 8, 2008

No Title For This One!


One thing that I miss about Old New York is some of the places I would go to be alone. Growing up as a kid we all had secret places we would go and hang out. Well for me..... my place was in River Side Park and it was a great place. A place were it was all open and you had not a worry in the world. It was old and full of trash and all kinds of junk. Since I really had no friends growing up I found my self spending all my time here. This place had old iron piers to climb on and just open land to wander through. Old New York use to have many places that was abandoned and this was one of them. Now everything in New York City just about has been developed leaving nothing to be explored for kids. Not like the city plans things like this but as a kid its fun to go and snoop where you dont belong. To this day I come back to look at the little bit that remains, not much of it but it will do with the way New York is now. What I hate most is having to share this place with others, the public. When I played here it was just me and a few others and the homeless. Donald Trump has bought the land years ago and has developed it and has brought here all the kinds of people I hate. There is nothing I can do about it now so I will have to settle for the all pictures I have of this place and my memories. When I was here yesterday and I was climbing out on these piers and stuff, all the people walking by were looking and pointing like if I was way out of line but you know what fuck'em I was here first and this is my place. People in New York seem to turn there heads a lot quicker these days for all the wrong reasons. I guess its because there not from here. Growing up, people wouldnt even bat an eye. Dam how the times have changed and boy do I hate'em.

No comments:

Post a Comment